Our shift times are
- Long day – 07:00-20:00
- Early – 07:00-14:00
There is on site parking, a bus stop outside the home, Romford station is a 10/15 minute walk, breaks are paid, lunch is provided on request for long day duties and I am always looking to empower and upskill staff that want to learn and progress. The home as an amazing friendliness and togetherness among staff and residents and the owners are the best I’ve ever worked for which helps the feeling of belonging to the home rather than just working in it.
Either currently holding NVQ level 2 or working towards the qualification or
Experience of working with older people and a willingness to learn.
To assist qualified staff in the day to day running of the Care Home and to maintain high standards of care and service towards service users, relatives, visitors and other members of staff.
To deliver care to service users as directed by the service user plan for that individual, reporting and changes or concerns to the nurse in charge or other qualified nursing staff.
- Report both verbally and in writing on service users general condition and wellbeing.
- Maintain a clean and safe environment for service users and staff.
- Assist nurses in maintaining records and care plans on each shift.
- Make beds and use pressure care aids as directed.
- Assist in the collection of specimens and samples.
- Act as chaperon for medical and professional staff as may be required.
- Assist service users in maintaining their personal hygiene, dressing and going to bed.
- Report accidents and incidents to the nurse in charge or senior member of staff on duty.
Care of Service users
- Assist in the care of all service users through the delivery of individual planned care programmes.
- Promote independence and dignity of service users
- Assist in enabling service users to live their chosen lifestyle.
- Talk to and listen to service users.
- Participate in social activities directed at benefiting service users quality of life.
- Report complaints directly to the nurse in charge as soon as they are made.
- Undertake NVQ level 2 training in Direct Care if not already qualified.
- Undertake such in house and external training which is appropriate to your role and has been identified through a training needs appraisal.
- Maintain confidentiality of information at all times.
- Work within the policies, procedures and guidelines of the Homes’ Quality Management System.
- Any other such duties as may be from time to time required to ensure the safe running of the home and delivery of appropriate care to service users