Senior Care Worker – Nights
Woodley Grange Care Home – Romsey
To act as a Line Manager to the Care Staff and to assist the Head of Care with aspects of the operational management of the home. You will oversee the personal care and needs of the residents in a way that promotes independence. You will also have responsibility to coach the carers and promote their development.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- The provision of the highest standards of care of the residents and to maintain the Care Standards.
- Input daily records in the computerised care plans for a given number of the residents.
- To provide a non-institutional lifestyle for the residents and to promote the Link Carer role
- To seek medical advice as appropriate for the residents
- To administer medication as prescribed.
- To manage every shift and lead, teach and coach carers as necessary.
- To carry out supervisions
- To participate in the Induction of staff
- To promote team working
- To encourage carers to determine their own work loads
Health & Safety
- To ensure the correct ordering and storage of all medication.
- To check the staff rota every shift to ensure correct staffing levels.
- To ensure all records are legible, correct and timely
- To ensure implementation of all Policies and Procedures throughout the home.
- To assist with the proper accounting of all petty cash and resident’s monies.
- To attend all meetings and training as required.
- To promote the marketing of the home.
- To perform any other duties as may be requested.
- There will be no complaints from residents, relatives or staff, arising from any shift you have managed.
- Care will be given to a high standard
- Allocated residents will have a care plan review that has been communicated to all care staff.
- There will be no hazards or harm occurring on any shift you have managed.
- Training needs will be identified through written supervision and staff will feel valued and enjoy the opportunity to talk about their role.
- All staff allocated to you will have written records of observed practice.
- The Care Team Manager’s role is respected.
- New staff will complete a full induction programme.
- Staff will work positively and collaboratively together, as per the culture of the company.
- The core values will have been maintained for the residents
- Appropriate changes in practice will have occurred as a result of your watch over the core values.
Qualifications and Experience
- Experience in a care environment is essential
- Experience working with people living with Dementia preferred but not essential
- NVQ 3 or equivalent in care or willing to complete is essential
- Up to date mandatory training
- First Aid Course or willing to learn
- Knowledge of elderly health related issues
- Previous staff management experience is an advantage but not essential
Personal Attributes and Skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work well as part of a dedicated team
- Friendly and enthusiastic character who can build rapport with our residents
- Caring and positive attitude and genuine desire to develop a career in this field
Apply now. If you have any questions, please contact Alison 0330335 8997.