Responsible to: Lead Support Worker/ Deputy Manager
Accountable to: Registered Manager
Purpose: To care for the service user in a manner, which respects their dignity and privacy and promotes their independence.
- To support service users both within the home and accessing the community daily.
- To always act with integrity and empathy.
- To maintain confidentiality on all aspects of care and your work within the home
- To comply with the home’s Health & Safety, COSHH and Environmental Health regulations.
- Comply with Care Quality Commission (CQC) Fundamental standards
- To have a working knowledge of the home’s policies and procedures in respect to your job.
- To accompany service users to appointments and to attend review meetings. Ensure you remain professional when liaising with other external professionals and record all outcomes and feedback on the necessary documents.
- To assist service users with personal care which includes using the bath or shower: nail care, helping a service user to shave: hair care: oral care: supporting the service user to use the toilet: supporting them to prepare for bed: getting out of bed, washing, and dressing.
- Supporting the service user with physical and sensory activities, this could involve talking to them, taking them out for a walk or day trip, attend college, reading to them, writing on their behalf, assisting with their hobbies and recreational activities.
- Assist with the preparation of meals, supporting service user with making their own meals, serving meals and other domestic duties you are qualified to undertake.
- To assist with the service user’s laundry. To ensure the correct marking of service user’s clothes. Ensure the laundry room is clean and free of safety hazards.
- To report any concerns or incidents to the manager or area manager in a timely manner
- To report any maintenance defects to the appropriate person.
- To dispose of waste in accordance with the home’s waste disposal policy.
- Be on standby to respond for assistance by other staff and service users, and to answer the telephone and door. Be available to support other services during staffing shortages or emergencies.
- To follow the service users, support plans and ensure support plans, handovers and any other form of written/electronic reports that affects your work are read and kept up to date.
- Attend staff meetings, supervisions, appraisals and contribute and feedback as required.
- Attend virtual, internal, and external training and complete e-learning training as required.
- To administer medication as prescribed by professionals and provide clinical care to service users as authorised and directed – (Only if you have been trained and are confident in performing these duties.)
Inform a lead support worker if you have any difficulties with any assigned duties. In addition to the responsibilities listed above it may be necessary to perform other duties not listed. Consideration will be given to your skills and status when requesting you perform these duties.
please visit our website www.rgcare.co.uk for more information